OK. ok. I'm pretty far behind. Here's another massive post to update where I've been for the past few days.
Not gonna lie, I forget when I took this. Maybe Monday? I was definitely heading to Johnstown. Ok. We'll start from Wednesday night. Rehearsal at Johnstown got canceled. The weather called for freezing rain until 6pm (when our rehearsal started), then a snow/freezing rain mix until 9pm (when rehearsal ended), then snow for the rest of the night.
Now, I didn't mind going to rehearsal. But here's some things that made me not want to go. First, the geniuses who run this town don't salt or plow until after the roads become a complete mess. The entire trip out to johnstown is windy roads on cliffs. I did not want to die. Second, I definitely didn't want to die if half the kids were just going to ditch at the last minute, causing us to cancel rehearsal anyway, causing me to go an hour there and an hour back out of my way in winter torture weather. Piffle had some parents call and complain about rehearsal that night (they'd had a two hour delay that morning) so after putting all that together, plus the fact that I had to drive across the state once rehearsal was over, we bagged rehearsal. Or, technically he did but whatever.
So instead of leaving from Johnstown at 9pm, I left from Indiana around 5pm. The beginning of the trip was pretty rough because the weather out here was bad. The more east I went, the better it got, thankfully.
The reason I had to leave Wednesday night is because I had two doctors appointments back home on Thursday, the first of which was at 9:45am. I saw my family doctor about finding something new for my allergies. She told me that because I've tried pretty much everything and all those prescriptions have stopped working, I should go see an allergist and see what they have to say. She doesn't know anyone in this area (duh), so she suggested I call the hospital for a recommendation. More on that adventure as it develops.
From there I headed down to Chester to see my gyno. I started taking birth control just out of high school because of some problems with cysts. Pretty much everyone who knows me knows this story but for people who didn't know me five years ago, I had to have an ovary removed when I was 18 because of a massive cyst. Since then talking about the gyno/my ovaries/whatever just became normal conversation because everyone was worried and would ask me about it.
Anyway, I love my doctor. Since I was 18 I've gone through a lot of doctors. Finding a doctor who was also a surgeon was pretty tough but my doctor is freaking amazing. She's so funny and nice, but also so smart and can answer whatever random stupid questions I have. She always returns phone calls and finds free samples for you... she's just a really nice person. With purple contacts.
I told her I wasn't feeling the birth control I was on. I told her what I was taking and what I didn't like about it. She ran off a list of other symptoms too. One of which was an over active bladder. Ok, that sounds awful, but seriously, I was peeing CONSTANTLY! Man. I was thinking, "Well, ok, I guess 24 is when your bladder craps out. Bummer." Nope. This tricky birth control just makes you pee more. It's a gimmick. They also put a diarrhetic in it to counteract weight gain. Fun stuff, no? I was pretty relieved to hear her list these side effects. I was legit worried that I was skipping right over getting old and hurdling head first towards grandma jess.
She asked about Wengert. haha. She always asks if there's a boyfriend (for obvious reasons), then asks something like, "He a good guy? He takes care of ya?" She asked how we met and where he was from (its an awkward situation, that exam, so the random mindless small talk is always welcomed). I told her where he was from and she said "Oh yeah! Up there they have, what do they call it? Oh yeah, a shit load of snow."
She gave me a free sample of one of the 3 month deals. Unfortunately, as you can see, the box is about the size of a tissue box. Like I said, I'm not really embarrassed about that kind of stuff, but carrying around a gigantic box of contraceptive pills will make you walk a little quicker. It reminded me of the weeks before and after my surgery, getting dirty looks from old women and married couples as I sat there by myself in the waiting room for an ultra sound. Judgmental jerks. I wanted to buy a t-shirt that said "I'm not knocked up, now finish reading that 4 month old newsweek. Fuck you and your gall bladder."
After that I hopped in the car and headed up to Brooklyn, drumset in tow. This one's getting a little long so I'll pick up the next entry from here...



No comments:
Post a Comment