Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day Seventy Seven


We had an ice storm today. This picture is what happened when Doug rolled down David's window. See the window half down? See the ice still there? Ice storms are particularly awful when there's already a bunch of matted down snow everywhere. Basically, this town turns into Antarctica and the only reasonable mode of transportation is riding around on the backs of friendly penguins. The animal, not the hockey team. 

This ice storm created a rare and special happening in Indiana. IUP CANCELED CLASSES. What was originally a two hour delay turned into a day of no class, about 4 minutes before orchestra started. Half of us were awkwardly sitting there ready to tune when Chepaitis was like "Well, apparently classes were just canceled for the rest of the day." I didn't care much yet because I knew since most of us were there we'd probably still rehearse..................... but we didn't. I was pretty surprised. Snow days don't happen out here. So it was pretty special and worth celebrating. It went from "lets go to the cafe" to "lets go to eat n park" so that's where Doug, Egon, David and I had our celebration breakfast. YAY. I'm glad I'd gotten up and gone to orchestra. I think if I got the "school's canceled" text while I was still at the house I would have just slept through what wound up being a delightful and successful day. 

We had indoor on Tuesday, so wednesday night was free for me to watch lost with pPphriends. Great episode too. All in all a pretty freaking awesome snow day.

No comments: