Alright. Time to catch up. It's been a rough two weeks. I haven't wanted to write anything down because in a year or so when I go back and read about this point in my life, I doubt there's anything I'll want to remember about it. I'm fighting the urge to whine about everything here. Anytime I open the personal drama floodgates, I always feel like a complete tool later. I should save myself the trouble of making my bullshit look deep and poetic and just get a tshirt that says "I'm sad and my friends are tired of hearing about it."
I'm home right now. This is how Abby likes to sleep. Notice there is little space for anyone but her. I'm on spring break this week. Go figure, the day I leave that icy hell, eastern PA gets its first big snow storm. There's about 8 inches of snow on the ground outside. But I don't mind. This part of the state is capable and willing to remove snow. The roads were clear and drivable before it even stopped snowing.


Here she is again, being adorable.

I had to restring the "marimba" at johnstown last week. It's really more of a weird 70s love child between a marimba and a xylophone, but whatever. I realized I didn't have a lighter in my bag for this exact purpose, so I stopped on the way home and picked one up. I got carded. This bothered me because my license is not easily removed from my wallet. As I was digging it out, the 40 something woman working the counter looked back at her friend and joked, "Watch, I bet she's like 20." If she had said this to me, and not about me to her friend standing 5 feet away, I wouldn't have been so tempted to remind her that she works in a gas station.


Buuuuh... when was this? February 20th. Thanks to IUP's night at the PSO, I got to see the Pittsburgh Symphony do Carmina Burana. Very cool. I never thought I'd be the type to give a shit about the anyone symphony. But it was fun. Definitely made me homesick. I got on the Philly O's website when I got home. Of course they're doing Firebird the weekend we have to record for orchestra. Dear orchestra, I hate you.

No comments:
Post a Comment