Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day Six

I considered going home to watch the world series in philadelphia. Or in Dover with my Dad. I decided instead to be a responsible adult and not drive all over creation just to watch a baseball game.

Then I changed my mind.

David had never seen Philadelphia and he was free all day so we went! We met up Sunday morning for some cafe food (with a tums/gas-x chaser) then hit the road. We got to my Mom's house around 6 or 7. I was pretty excited to see my Mom and the dogs. I got David his first cheese steak, which he loved, then we headed to the city. 

I'm not as city savvy as most, so we just went to South Street. We walked around for a while before settling in at Paddywacks. And since this is a day late, here's a picture I took from inside the place every high school/college kid winds up in when they go to south street...



Yep. Giant sperm.

David got Vince-o a penis whistle to cover his police whistle part in wind ensemble. No word yet on whether or not it will be (or has been) used. 

Speaking of vince-o, there was a drunk philadelphia version of him in the bar we were at. Similar mannerisms. Fun to watch drunk. The phillies won which was great. The whole last few innings people were chanting "__ MORE OUTS!!!" until they got to "ONE MORE OUT!!" and eventually "ONE MORE GAME!!" This trip definitely cured my homesickness. It was a bit of a tease though to only be home one night. I wish I'd decided sooner to go home. But I think watching the game at Doug and Mallrat's was what I needed to push my ass back to Philly. To think I could be telling that story for the next twenty five years ("I remember when they won!") and I was in pittsburgh at the time?! No way. I had to go home. 

David's lesson was on Monday. I was very tempted to stay another night to watch what could have been the last game of the world series. IN PHILADELPHIA! Lord knows the town would fucking lose it if they won. In philly! But I knew it was a bad idea to blow off real life for that long. Thankfully, they got rained out so I didn't miss much. Now, if only there are more rain delays putting the game on a Friday night...

No comments: