Ok. I didn't come home and make the official first post last night, as promised. Instead I failed at practicing due to severe scatterbrainitus, hung out with some friends until way too late, and fell asleep. So. Today will be weird. Maybe we'll do two posts in one day? Hm. Anyway, here's the picture from yesterday.

That's a big saxophone. This is one of the fun parts of going to school for music. You can come out of your practice room and see something like this laying on the floor like a beached whale. The person in the picture is a friend of mine and another percussionist in the studio. I won't name him because I know he'd hoped to not be in the picture. Sorry buddy, it was the only way I could capture the massive size of this weirdo instrument. I'm sure Chris Kilian will read this and tell me the exact term (probably contrabass saxophone... who knows).
So there it is. The first post. I suspect a majority of these pictures will take place in or around Cogswell hall (the music building at IUP) because I spend the majority of my time there.

No comments:
Post a Comment