I'm a little behind. My phone screen died at Heinz Hall on Monday. Soooooo day 20 isn't exactly ON the 20th day of this, but lets pretend.


David moved into his new place last week, but was without a bed. So we helped him get his new bed/sofa into his new apartment. I should mention that I drive a PT cruiser. And yeah, this is how we did it. All of the seats were put down, David was squashed into the back, and tiff rode, like superman (check out the top picture) on top of the box. The walmart folks probably thought we were nuts.
On an unrelated note, Heinz Hall went really well! We rocked the Levitranny (after Dr. Stamp came back and picked out some new mallets for me). Ha, after deciding on a pair of encores he told me "This was nice, Jess, I feel like we bonded!" So yeah, everyone played really well. My Dad drove up from Delaware to see me play. Definitely cool. I wish we'd gotten more time to hang out with studio people though. As I've mentioned before, I feel like I've got this whole secret life out here, I want my family to know about it. I wanted him to meet Dr. Stamp and Dr. Kingan but everyone had a million things to do. I've got a recital in the spring, I'll show my family around then :)
Ha, and I should say, I'm glad that throughout the stress of performing at Heinz Hall, everyone managed to stay totally calm and reasonable throughout the entire process. No blowing up over unimportant small things, no uncalled for attitudes, definitely a relief!!
Not.
But whatever, we had fun :)

No comments:
Post a Comment