Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day 128

My phone is trying its best to annoy me all the way to the end. For some reason now, mere weeks before my contract is up and I can get a new phone, all my pictures have a pink hugh. God, wait, I feel dumb. Is that the right spelling? Or is that specific to the man's name? Crap, I don't know. You understand what I'm saying though.


Tonight was excerpt night. If you can see me up there (I went LAST!), I played the bell excerpt from sorcerer's apprentice and the timpani excerpt from the bartok concerto. I would have been happier playing the bartok a few more times before I had to perform it but over all I was happy with it. I've stopped hating myself for not having perfect accuracy. I can bomb in front of every because I got too nervous but knowing for myself that I learned some hard shit and, in the privacy of my lessons with dr kingan, can play them well enough to warrant a head nod and a "Yeah! Alright!" then that's good enough for me.

I feel like excerpts were a last minute realization this year. It was crammed awkwardly into a pretty busy two weeks. I wish we'd do excerpts a little closer to the beginning of the year. Give the newer people a chance to apply what they learned from the excerpt to their ensemble playing. Ah well, I don't question the king.

Phillies won last night. Series is at 3-2 now, yankees. I'm not so confident about my fair city, but I still love it. I especially love having some eastern pennsylvania allies to watch the games with.

Wengert's out on tour rocking Canada. I saw some pictures of him online today doing his thing. What an odd rush of emotions. I was so happy to see him. To know he still exists outside of a voice on my phone. But sad that I can't see this huge thing in his life happening. I wish I could stop by one of the performances and watch him. Go see his tour bus and steal some of his Coke merchandise. haha. The time difference paired with our schedules really blows. I miss him so much. But I'm so proud of him. Some clips are going up soon on the coke website. Can't wait to see him :)

No comments: