Still at Mom's house. I woke up today with no plans and instead of sitting around the house watching the nanny in my pjs, I decided to spend this very hot day down the shore. I found parking almost right next to the boardwalk which was awesome. The water is freakishly warm. Seriously, in the 80s. It was weird being there alone and not in a house with a ton of family, but still so nice to get down to the beach. I'd love to take Abby down there and see what she thinks of the ocean, but car rides aren't her thing. Eh, she wasn't a huge fan of the lake though. Who knows. Anyway, funnel cake was a must. I went down for the day on Saturday with Dave and underestimated the amount of stomach space boardwalk food takes up. No room for kohr brothers or funnel cake that day. Now, two down, one to go. Can I get another trip to the beach this summer? Doubtful, but I won't give up.

I sent this picture to MJ. I'm not sure when she was in Ocean City, but she left quite the impression on the boardwalk.


I'm trying to remember the story with Geoff's broken _____ glass. I *think* it was a smurf glass, so when I saw these in a boardwalk vintage shop I send the picture to Amy. Shoot, I just skyped with them tonight, I should have explained. Note to self - get the actual story from Amy. This shop was pretty cool. For a vintage store, they sure had a lot of shit from the 80s and 90s.
Ah, here she is :) I brought my camera to take a bunch of pictures of Ocean City for when I'm feeling homesick but, go figure, once I got there the battery was dead. boo. It's ok. I'll be back. I took this from the boardwalk near the surf mall and playland.
Home again home again jiggity jig. Traffic actually wasn't that bad. Shocking because I was driving home during evening rush hour. Silly me. I thought if I left soon enough I could beat it. Forty minutes into the trip I was wishing I'd just stuck around and stayed at the beach all night. I had to take the busy roads, ACE, 76, 676, etc. Living in Chi we knew the back way to the beach like we knew the layout of the house. If there is a back way to the beach from here, I haven't figured it out yet.
I didn't get any good pictures from the trip Saturday, but it's been a pretty eventful weekend. Friday night we hung out and I saw my first glimpse of McReady rock. It wasn't the whole band but I think I got a feel for what they're about. Saturday morning Dave and I headed to Ocean City for the day, then went down to Toms River for Bush's home show that night. I was a little worried I wouldn't know anyone but a lot of alumni came out. It was so nice seeing everyone. I got so nostalgic by the end of the night that I just wanted to cry. Not in a sad way. It's bittersweet, I suppose. Remembering some of the best days of my life so far, but also knowing that now I'm just a part of a previous generation. Weird, fun, sad, emotional... you know how it goes.
I decided, with Brittany, that all us old pit gals are going to start buying real estate. We'll each buy a house in a cul de sac and make each others kids cut our grass and shovel our snow. So far, whether they know it or not, we've recruited woody, amy, deana, maria, an basically whoever else wants to come live there. Ha. Sounds lame but the mental image that night was pretty comforting. The last time we were at tom's river was in 2002. One of the first shows I ever did was there in 2000. They've redone the stadium since then. AND - I get grown up points for NOT calling memphis and leaving mag 7 on his voice mail.




No comments:
Post a Comment